Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday) Empty
PostSubject: WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday)   WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm

WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday) Yxp7LXa
With nothing to show for Wednesday heading into the final game of the evening - their first place lead guaranteed to shrivel - John Gibson saved the day, the Badger Bob netminder posting a timely 32 save shutout, the badgering Bobs increasing their overall lead to 8.1 points.

The Battle for the FHL Cup
Badger Bob remains in the driver's seat in what is now looking like a two team race, the Bobs fighting for their first-ever FHL Cup championship while their opponent, an Original Six franchise, is gunning for title No. 5.

The Bout for the Money
The Central Red Army were once again the better of the money-gunners, GM Buker's well-armed Army netting 7.0 points on Thursday, the team drawing to within 15.1 points of 3rd place and it's $175.00 prize. Despite collecting only 1.0 point the Wild Ducks still made up ground on the idling Boulder Flyers, GM Collard's fowl now just 9.5 points behind the green.

The Scrap for the Laughing Bag
The SC Cobras attempt to vacate the FHL basement suffered a setback on Wednesday as James van Reimsdyk ripped a hat trick, his Vegas Vipers team posting a league-best 19.0 points, the suddenly surging snakes now 45.0 points better than the suddenly sagging snakes.

First round, Playoffs
Playoffs are three weeks in length (Weeks 23-25). Prize money is awarded to three teams: the H2H champion ($100.00), runner-up ($70.00) and winner of the consolation match ($30.00).

Central Red Army: 43.6
Polar Bears: 9.2
­
It's never a good time to post the worst score of the week; it's especially bad when that week lands in the first round of the playoffs, the anemic Polar Bears and their anemic score now trailing the Central Red Army by <looking for calculator> .............. 34.4 points.

Wild Ducks: 18.3
Misconducts: 14.0
­
Wednesday had little affect on this first round battle as the Misconducts were blanked while the Wild Ducks uncovered just a single point. With only one Penguins game stuffed up his sleeve, GM Collard and his Ducks enter the final fours days nursing a 4.3 point lead.

Bluliners: 23.6
Ice Cats: 17.8
­
Only one point separated the two veteran franchises on Wednesday, the Bluliners scooting one row closer to the stage, GM Hamilton's squad now 5.8 points better than the Ice Cats.

LINK: Standings
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday) Empty
PostSubject: As Mick Jagger sings in the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want"   WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 pm

...if you try sometimes well you just might find, you get what you need...

That certainly was the case for me heading into the last game of last night -- Vancouver at Anaheim. Really needed a points-producing performance (say that three times fast) from J. Gibson (since I also now have C. Gibson of the Islanders). And he, with the help of his skater teammates, exceeded hopes of B2 management by posting a shutout.

WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday) SsaddayITA

Am not viewing this as a two-team race at this time due to the FHL bonus system. A big game from one player, especially a D, could change everything in a hurry.  

Just hoping for the best each night. All I can control is which players are in my lineup every Monday.

However the race ends up, am enjoying the ride. Am happy with how I have managed the team this season.

One thing that I think could help the B2 cause. Wheeler has been "cold" of late. He has not scored a goal in nine games. But he has chipped in a single assist in six of those games. Looking him to crank up a game that enters bonus territory.

This is the second such "cold" streak Wheeler has had this season. The first one, no goals but a sizable amount of assist, was longer earlier in 2018. Just off the top of my head, may have been 13 games without a goal, but 11 assists during that stretch.

The reason for both "cold" streaks is the same. With Scheifele hurt, Wheeler moves to center from wing. Seems that when he is at center, Wheeler's focus is setting up his teammates. BE SELFISH, BW. SHOOT THE PUCK!!!

Puck drop for early games tonight less than 5.5 hours away.

B2 may finally get temporary relief from points from Barkov and Huberdeau of the Florida Panthers and the Bluliners with the Boston Bruins in town. (Boston is going to be a DANGEROUS team in the playoffs if the goaltending holds up.)
Back to top Go down

WEEK 23 (thru Wednesday)
Page 1 of 1