Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEEK 21 (thru Wednesday)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

WEEK 21 (thru Wednesday) Empty
PostSubject: WEEK 21 (thru Wednesday)   WEEK 21 (thru Wednesday) EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:17 pm

WEEK 21 (thru Wednesday) UT14Vdz
David Krejci (2g, 1a) and his Badger Bob team swamped the competition on Wednesday, a 13.1 point outing placing the second year franchise squarely on the road that leads to post-season play, the surging Bobs now 14.8 points better than the fading Ice Cats.

Ice Cats: 9.0
Badger Bob: 23.8

The waiver wire was kind to Badger Bob last night as David Krejci (acquired in Week 17) and Mark Streit (signed on Monday) combined for 10.0 points. After a tough loss to Ice Hogs in Week 9, Badger Bob was three games under .500. Since then the Bobs have gone 7-4, the team now poised to secure a seat in the seven-team H2H playoffs. The opposite is true of the Ice Cats. Seemingly a playoff lock just two weeks ago, GM Cutshall could soon dispatched to the golf course, his curled-up team netting nothing on Wednesday.

While GM Chester is happy to have Krejci and Streit in tow, the New Jersey native did express some remorse with regard to a roster move made early in the season. "I will regret for a long time releasing Cam Atkinson prior to Week 2, I didn't give him a chance," Chester lamented. "I'd be in better shape if I had retained Atkinson, but I like the progress my team has made over the second half of the season. Hopefully, I'll be able to nail down a playoff spot and take my best shot in the second season."

Badger Bob will face the Boulder Flyers in Week 22, the final week of the 2016-17 H2H season.

Ice Hogs: 14.2
SC Cobras: 7.6

By the hair on their chinny chin chin the Ice Hogs sit atop the FHL, a 3.0 point effort proving just enough to ward off the charging Wild Ducks. While their overall lead is more than precarious at 2.2 points, the Hogs still rest comfortably in front of the SC Cobras, GM Henry's squad now 6.6 points better than the win-needy snakes.

Wild Ducks: 22.4
Misconducts: 20.3

Evgeni Malkin was a wizard once again, another bonus point outing (2g, 1a) placing his Wild Ducks team on the front porch of the trembling Ice Hogs. The Misconducts didn't locate any points on Wednesday, GM Smalley's squad now trailing the Ducks by 2.1 points.

Central Red Army: 16.6
Silicon Valley Slashers: 13.0
­
The Silicon Valley Slashers received 3.0 points from the relatively quiet Dustin Byfuglien (1g), the playing for pride squad now only 3.6 points in back of the Central Red Army.

Bluliners: 15.0
Between the Pipes: 18.1
­
Doing battle with the last place team, the Bluliners entered this contest figuring they had a lock on both a win and a post-season berth. Between the Pipes however have been mostly uncooperative, the underdog Pipes now 3.1 points better than their heavily favored opponent.

Boulder Flyers: 18.6
Polar Bears: 13.0

As far-fetched as it sounds, the Boulder Flyers could soon be winners of three consecutive matches. After three days the Flyers appear to be headed in that direction, GM Morgan's birds now 5.6 points better than the puzzled Polar Bears.

LINK: Standings
LINK: Playoff Standings
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net

WEEK 21 (thru Wednesday)
Page 1 of 1