HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what Empty
PostSubject: Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what   Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Well, there is another way to get me to stop railing against F Dustin Brown of the Los Angeles Kings.

That would be for a bigger jackwagon than Brown to "get his thug on." And that's exactly what happened last night in Newark, NJ as New Jersey hosted Philadelphia.

Everybody, say hello to D Radko Gudas of the Philadelphia Flyers. If you're not aware, recidivist Gudas recently came back from a 10-game suspension for slashing Perreault of Winnipeg across the neck. Last night, he put a HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE hit on F Kyle Palmieri of the Devils.

Gudas, who left his feet, was only given a minor for interference. More bad work from the referees -- Chris Lee #28 and Tim Peel #20.

The following is a true story. I am going to Penguins at Devils tomorrow. I was on the phone with my buddy Al in Dover, DE going over logistics. He was multi-tasking, talking with me and watching Flyers at Devils on TV.

As I was in mid-sentence, Al, who is a Devils' fan, said to me, "Ouch, a really bad hit on a Devils' player by a Flyer. The Flyers' player left his feet."

I immediately responded, "Must have been Radko Gudas."

Al then said, after a few seconds, "Yes, you are correct!!! It was Palmieri for the Devils."

Gudas said after the game that he jumped to try to avoid colliding with teammate Wayne Simmonds. (Player leaving his feet to connect with an opponent brings back bad memories of another recidivist, Steve Downie.)

I've looked at the video a handful of times. Simmonds, to the left, is not in Gudas' path. And Palmieri does not magically appear in between Simmonds and Gudas as Gudas suggests. Gudas' path is straight toward Palmieri. Thus, my take on Gudas' take on the play is that he is peddling dukey.

And the commentary from the Flyers' announcers -- PBP Jim Jackson, CC Bill Clement and CC Chris Therien (should do us all a favor and seek another post-NHL job) off target. Simmonds was LONG GONE when Gudas made contact with Palmieri. This is MOST EVIDENT from the overhead view.

Therien's nickname is "Bundy." Wonder what that is? Reminds me of a non-genius, the character Al Bundy in the TV show "Married...with Children." Therien as a color commentator is a non-genius who is 100 percent pro-Flyers.

Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what Al_Bundy

Fortunately, Palmieri went through concussion protocol and was given the OK to return to the game, appropriately won by New Jersey, 4-3, on a goal with less than two minutes to go from Hischier.

I am sincerely hoping NHL Player Safety takes a look at the Gudas' hit. Keep in mind, he is a recidivist.

Hopefully, the fact that Palmieri was not concussed will not weigh in Gudas' favor. And I can see him arguing, if there is an in-person or telephone hearing, that skating is not his forte. So he had a big head of steam up in attempting the shot on goal and could not put on the brakes or change direction in time.

Kinda reminds me of another thing that was big, was going too fast and supposedly could not stop or turn in time.

ICEBERG (not the Penguins' mascot) STRAIGHT AHEAD!!!

Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what Iceberg_2

As far as I am concerned, the Gudas hit has NO PLACE in the NHL and shows a complete lack of respect for opposing players.

I am all in for playing hard. Ice hockey is a physical game. But here is again is someone who crossed the line.

Before players wore helmets and padding everywhere, they HAD to have respect for each other. If they did not, there would have been serious injuries and maybe even fatalities. So vicious stick fouls and head shots, both of which the NHL is trying now to minimize, were much rarer than they are today.

B2 out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Looks like Gudas will avoid supplemental discipline   Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Maybe Ted Bundy was a guest arbiter for NHL Player Safety? Tails equaled suspension and heads equaled no penalty. The coin toss came up heads. Who needs videotape?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what   Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
That would be for a bigger jackwagon than Brown to "get his thug on."

High marks for your use of the word "jackwagon."

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
Everybody, say hello to D Radko Gudas of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Where's Bob Probert when you need him?

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
Fortunately, Palmieri went through concussion protocol and was given the OK to return to the game.

Palmieri is a Bluliner so I'm not so happy he was okay. I'm glad he's not dead but a few days on the shelf -- just to be super super sure he was okay -- would have been nice.

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
Hopefully, the fact that Palmieri was not concussed will not weigh in Gudas' favor.

I don't like the word "concussed" - doesn't seem like a real word, more like a word someone made up because they didn't know the actual word to use. Gotta get rid of that word.

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
Before players wore helmets and padding everywhere, they HAD to have respect for each other. If they did not, there would have been serious injuries and maybe even fatalities. So vicious stick fouls and head shots, both of which the NHL is trying now to minimize, were much rarer than they are today.

All in all, life on the ice is far safer today than it was in the past. Don't you agree?  I'm thinking back to the days when Paul Kariya used to absorb head shots on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what   Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what Empty

Back to top Go down

Radko Gudas: recidivst and a lying you know what
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chester's Corner-
Jump to: