Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10 Goals First Half of Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

Top 10 Goals First Half of Season Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Goals First Half of Season   Top 10 Goals First Half of Season EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: B2 players getting the job done   Top 10 Goals First Half of Season EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:28 pm

GREAT to see three Badger Bob players scoring in the Top 10 Goals of the First Half. David Pastrnak of Boson and Viktor Arvidsson of Nashville doing the heavy lifting. Meanwhile, Josh Bailey of the Islanders was the recipient of John Tavares doing the heavy lifting. (More on the play by Tavares in a separate message to follow.)

I am going to now make a case that Edmonton F Leon Draisaitl of B2 should have been in there for one of the following two goals -- both overtime game-winners scored days apart on the same road trip in November. And both the result of teamwork with McDavid.

On November 7, it was Draisaitl to McDavid for the 2-1 win at Brooklyn over the Islanders. Pick it up at 3:00 of the video. (Draisaitl also had the first Edmonton goal at around 1:40 of the video.)

On November 9, it was McDavid to Draisaitl for the 3-2 win at New Jersey. Pick it up at 3:25 of the video below.

JUST LIKE PITTSBURGH F PHIL KESSEL WAS ROBBED OF A SPOT IN THE "ALL-STAR GAME" AND PITTSBURGH F EVGENI MALKIN WAS ROBBED OF A SPOT IN THE TOP 100 NHL PLAYERS OF ALL TIME (Duncan Keith. Are you kidding me???), I THINK LEON DRAISAITL WAS OVERLOOKED BY THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VIDEO.
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: OK. now for John Tavares...   Top 10 Goals First Half of Season EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:51 pm

MorganWigge, no question it was an extraordinary effort by Tavares to set up Bailey for the goal in the video you posted.

Reminds me of an unquestioned gem in Penguins' history and arguably one of the greatest goals in NHL history. No, not Bobby Orr scoring the series-winning goal in the 1970 Stanley Cup Finals against the St. Louis Blues (not to be confused with the league-leading Bluliners of the FHL).

Arguably one of the greatest goals in NHL history because of the effort and the stage on which it occurred. Game 1 of the 1992 Stanley Cup Final, Chicago Black Hawks at Penguins. May 26, 1992 at the old Igloo in the 'burgh.

Chicago jumped to a 3-0 lead in the first 13:43 of the first period on goals by D Chris Chelios, F Michel Goulet and F Dirk Graham. A PPG by the "Old 29er" Phil Bourque got Pittsburgh on the board at 17:26. THIS WAS A HUGE MORALE BOOST for the Pens.

Chicago regained the three-goal lead, 4-1, at 11:36 of the second period on a goal by F Brent Sutter.

The Pens clawed back on goals by F Rick Tocchet (now head coach of the Arizona Coyotes) at 15:24, seconds after a power play ended, and F Mario Lemieux at 16:23. Lemieux from an acute angle to the right of the goal banked the puck in off Chicago G Ed Belfour.

The score stayed the same until the FINAL QUARTER of the third period. At 15:05, the following occurred which I watched live on TV and to this day is still as awesome now as it was then.

Courtesy of a then 19-year-old from the Czech Republic named Jaromir Jagr. Jiggs McDonald with the call.

The 4-4 tie lasted until the Igloo exploded with cheers as a result of a power-play goal from Lemieux at 19:47. McDonald doing play-by-play and Bill Clement doing color commentary.

Three HOF players combined on this goal. F Ron Francis (now GM of Carolina Hurricanes) won the faceoff, drawing the puck back to the right point. D Larry Murphy put the shot on goal. And Lemieux buried the rebound. YOWZA!!!

This comeback by Pittsburgh I think most definitely changed the course of the series, which the Penguins swept 4-0. Chicago was strong.

If you'd like to look at all of the highlights from Game 1, check out the video below. Yes, it was an EPIC COMEBACK.

I believe the announcers for the goals in the first and second periods were Dick Irvin and Harry Neale on Hockey Night in Canada before McDonald-Clement for the third-period goals.

You may have noticed while watching the videos the "Badger Bob" Johnson memorial patch on the left shoulder of the Penguins' uniform. It is the image I use as my FHL team logo.
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Also want to note the irony of the Henrique goal   Top 10 Goals First Half of Season EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 pm

the goal by F Adam Henrique of Anaheim definitely deserves recognition. After watching it a second time I realized that Henrique flipped the puck over the head of a Devils' D. The guy who went the other way in the trade involving Henrique (and Joseph Blandisi) earlier this season, Sami Vatanen. How 'bout that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Goals First Half of Season   Top 10 Goals First Half of Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Goals First Half of Season
Page 1 of 1