HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 Empty
PostSubject: FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello, all. Have been making more contributions to the Website than I foresaw at the start of the season. So will see if I can revive Chester's Corner.

Tonight -- Thursday, January 25 -- is as GOOD AS IT GETS in the NHL for fantasy owners everywhere in the regular season. It will be a FULL MOON -- 15 games with 30 teams in action.

Lots of points will be scored tonight in fantasy hockey. Due to the sheer number of games, we may see some tsunami-like numbers, akin to the 20-plus from Mooses against Badger Bob Tuesday night.

Pittsburgh is a particularly pretty city with the hills, bridges and rivers making it comparable to San Francisco in terms of sight lines. Below is the spectacular view of the Golden Triangle -- downtown Pittsburgh -- looking east from Mount Washington on the South Side. Monongahela River to the right. Allegheny River to the left. And the start of the Ohio River at the point.

And as Phil Rizzuto used to say to broadcast partner Bill White on NY Yankees' TV when a full moon was shown on screen -- "Hey, White, you huckleberry! That's Texas up there."

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 772f1e124047f530d1e1c60166780e87

Will a full hockey moon over the 'burgh mean a winning goal from Sidney Crosby in the (awful) shootout? I am hoping for a W and the two points in whatever form it comes. We'll see about Wild at Penguins and the other 14 games starting in less than four hours.

The only team idle is the Los Angeles Kings and a + four-letter word F Dustin Brown, who I mentioned earlier.

B2 out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceHogsDynasty

IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Proud Member of the 2017-2018 Ice Hogs

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 BrownD-980x400-apr28-13-RobinAlam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Dustin Brown   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 1:04 pm

is having a bounce-back season on offense (as were the Kings as a team until recent losing streak dropped them out of a playoff spot). So makes sense to have Brown on IHD fantasy roster. But in NHL, don't think there's a question about Brown being a cheap-shot artist.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceHogsDynasty

IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 pm

I agree.. Just being an Pain in the Ice Hog.. I watched a hit a few times.. Im just glad he didnt go full force with the crosscheck, easily could have a lot more damage.. Definitely surprised he only was fined.. .. if he didnt use his stick, he "could" have argued forward momentum..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: IHD and B2 just having fun   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 3:22 pm

although what Dustin Brown did was NOT FUN.

But as I said, different views for re: FHL and NHL. If Brown is in your lineup this week, he can score points to help your team and, in the process, help defeat a team in my division -- V2.

# # #

On another front, IHD, please check out message I posted earlier today in Chester's Corner. Discusses Connor McDavid getting a 10-minute misconduct at the end of the (awful) shootout last night. That is first time I have ever seen that in NHL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
Pittsburgh is a particularly pretty city with the hills, bridges and rivers making it comparable to San Francisco in terms of sight lines. Below is the spectacular view of the Golden Triangle -- downtown Pittsburgh -- looking east from Mount Washington on the South Side. Monongahela River to the right. Allegheny River to the left. And the start of the Ohio River at the point.

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 772f1e124047f530d1e1c60166780e87

Every city looks good in the dark. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: But not every city   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:02 pm

has such a GREAT, SCENIC elevated observation point, such as Mount Washington in Pittsburgh and Twin Peaks in San Francisco.

First photo is a young Mario Lemieux having just been drafted by the Penguins in 1984 on the Mount Washington scenic overlook. At the time, he could barely speak English.

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 Mario%20return

And Twin Peaks is pretty close to the middle of the 7x7x7x7-mile box (take that Nigel Tufnel) that is the city and county of San Francisco. I lived there for 12 months, March 1994-February 1995. My lodging was in an apartment building just below the east side of Twin Peaks. Pretty close to the lower right side of the photo.

This photo taken I believe at sunrise. The main street in the middle of the photo is Market Street, heading to the Ferry Building on San Francisco Bay.

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 San-francisco-twin-peaks-1

Am not going to reduce the importance of my post by including view from the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles. The view is nice from Mulholland Drive. But I don't think highly of the city and its inhabitants, legal and illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25   FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

FULL MOON over the NHL and fantasy hockey, Thursday, January 25
Page 1 of 1