Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 Empty
PostSubject: FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 11:20 am

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 9OH3eNm
The FHL Turkey Awards is a new annual event that will take place each year at Thanksgiving. The award will be presented to three players - one from each position - who best embody the spirit of the award; that being, a player taken relatively early in the draft who sucks ass (i.e. has thus far failed to live up to his lofty expectations).

Without further adieu, the FHL Turkey Award recipients for the 2017-18 season.

<cue the music>

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 Sz0Voht
JOE PAVELSKI

Taken with the 14th pick in the 2nd round Joe Pavelski was expected to pace the SC Cobras goal scoring attack. Rightfully so as the 33 year-old forward had scored 145 goals the past four years; an average of over 36 goals per season. Seven weeks into the season Pavelski has a grand total of 4 goals and 5 assists (9 points in 20 games for those keeping score at home). He is reportedly playing hurt but that doesn't soothe any of the SC Cobras slow-healing wounds - the selection of Pavelski with the 38th overall pick has thus far been a complete bust.

DISHONORABLE MENTION
Max Pacioretty
Sidney Crosby

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 S3cvoU7
BRENT BURNS
Taken by the Bluliners with the second pick in the first round, Brent Burns epitomizes what it means to be an FHL Turkey. If he continues at his current pace, the FHL Turkey Award will be renamed the Brent Burns Award. After shredding the net for 27 and 29 goals the past two seasons, Burns has yet to score a goal this year. That's right hockey fans, Mr. Burns hasn't lit the lamp in 20 games (while collecting 8 measly assists). One has to imagine that Burns will eventually get his head in the game, but after seven weeks, Burns has been nothing but a headache.

DISHONORABLE MENTION
Dustin Byfuglien
Justin Schultz

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 RRcczdS
CAREY PRICE
Though he has often struggled with injuries, when healthy, Carey Price was as close to a sure thing on the market. He's been anything but this year as the 1st round draft pick (taken 24th overall by the Central Red Army) has won only three games while posting unrecognizable numbers of 3.77 and .877. The outlook doesn't appear bright either as the 30 year-old succumbed to another injury in early November - and even when Price returns, he'll be crouched behind a team that is struggling to do anything right.

DISHONORABLE MENTION
Tuukka Rask
Cam Talbot
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
IceHogsDynasty

IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 11:58 am

Brilliant, Just Fucking Brilliant.. I like it..
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: GREAT content Paul   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Paul, GREAT content. It is fact of being in fantasy sports that some players are going to be worse than expected while some others are going to be better than expected.

So let me continue discussion by sharing some players, off top of my head, who I think have exceeded expectations so far.

It is a work day. So not able to look up who has these players in FHL

HMs are in no particular order.

Forwards:

Jaden Schwartz and Brayden Schenn, St. Louis (Helps to play on a line with Tarasenko. Expected an uptick from Schwartz this season. But Schenn? Ron Hextall not doing much better than Paul Holmgren as GM of Philadelphia.)

HM: Josh Bailey, Islanders (Helps to play on a line with a motivated Tavares. And Anders Lee has been good on the other wing as well. Happy to have picked him up for Badger Bob off the waiver wire after my disastrous waiving of Cam Atkinson of Columbus last season.)

HM: Brian Boeser, Vancouver (He has eaten up the Penguins in both games between the teams so far this season. But he's doing same to other teams as well on a no-name No. 1 line for the Canucks. I had no clue re: Boeser. So a link to a photo is below.)

https://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/uploads/usat-images/2017/06/9969709-nhl-vancouver-canucks-at-minnesota-wild-850x560.jpeg

HM: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Edmonton (Could he be finally be living up to his potential?)

HM: Anthony Mantha, Detroit (A power forward who seems to be on the rise and a big part of good start to the season by the Red Wings.)

HM: William Karlsson, Vegas (I expect him to cool off. But we'll see.)

Am sure there are others I am forgetting about...

# # #

Defense

Alex Pietrangelo, St. Louis (Wins Norris Trophy if voting held today.)

HM: Nick Leddy, Islanders (Steady presence in both 5x5 and on first power play for the Islanders. Not a superstar. But looking above average. Having watched a few Islanders games on TV in the last few weeks, have seen Leddy to be cool, calm, collected. Does not force outlet passes. Puts point shots on target.)

HM: John Carlson, Washington (I expect him to cool off. But we'll see.)

HM: Mike Green, Detroit (Not quite like old times in Washington. But Green has been pretty good on offense for Red Wings, who are off to better-than-expected start.)

HM: Will Butcher, New Jersey (If he keeps this up, will be in conversation for Calder Trophy.)

# # #

Goal

Andrei Vasilveskiy, Tampa Bay (He was good last year in playing half of the games. But he has taken it to another level as the No. 1 for the Lightning. Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman knew what he was doing when he unloaded Ben Bishop and kept Vasilevskiy.)

HM: Connor Hellebucyk, Winnipeg (He is on Badger Bob. Yet I am still not sold completely that this good form will continue. Hellebucyk was quoted before season as saying he knew this could be a make or break season for his career. So far, so good.)

HM: Cory Schneider, New Jersey (Goals against average is a bit high. But after a losing record last season, he is 8-4-3 and save percentage is just under career total in that category.)

HM: Jimmy Howard, Detroit (After two injury-plagued seasons, seems to be back at a high level and is unquestioned No. 1 for Red Wings, sparing the home fans in the new arena from having to see too much of Petr Mrazek.)

Think I missed anyone? Think I should not have included some players above? Feel free to chime in.

# # #

By the way, Red Wings' fans, let us know if you have been to the new arena. Please share thoughts and/or photos. How does it compare to Joe Louis Arena? No way to compare it to the Olympia, gone but not forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: One other comment re: Paul's Turkey Awards   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 12:28 pm

As Reg Dunlop, player-coach of the Charlestown Chiefs in the immortal movie "Slapshot," would say: "IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE!!!"

Dunlop, of course, played by Paul Newman.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1285963358/Paul_Newman_Slap_Shot_400x400.jpg

# # #

BREAKING NEWS: There is pro hockey again in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. A team called the Johnstown Chiefs playing in the North American League. Evidently this is a new league and is below the ECHL on the minor league ladder.

Back to top Go down
SC Cobras

SC Cobras

PostSubject: Re: FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Just seeing this, and it's awesome...except for the fact that 2 outta 3 Turkeys are Sharks.
WAKE UP PAVELSKI!!!!
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 pm

The Turkey Award winners seem to have taken it personally. Everyone listed has played better since being labeled a turkey ..... well, everyone but Pavelski. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 9:44 am

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
By the way, Red Wings' fans, let us know if you have been to the new arena. Please share thoughts and/or photos. How does it compare to Joe Louis Arena? No way to compare it to the Olympia, gone but not forgotten.

Mike (Polar Bears) went to a game at the new arena the day before Thanksgiving (Wings blown out by Edmonton, 6-2). The game was ugly but Mike said Little Caesars Arena is "beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18   FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18 Empty

Back to top Go down

FHL TURKEY AWARDS, 2017-18
Page 1 of 1