Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Picking your playoff opponent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

Picking your playoff opponent Empty
PostSubject: Picking your playoff opponent   Picking your playoff opponent EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 pm

I suggested as a possible rule change for this season that the team with the best record in the regular season be able to pick its opponent in the semifinal round of the head-to-head playoffs.

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, at least two leagues use this format according to an article published a few weeks back on www.espn.com -- Southern Professional Hockey League in USA and a league in Austria. The focus of the ESPN was floating the idea of the NHL adopting this format.

I was not aware that the two leagues used the format. Just seemed like a good idea to me. Regular-season first-place owner in FHL would have the opportunity to take a look at the week ahead for each of the three potential playoff opponents and select the one he thought would be the weakest.

The downside is that if first-place owner picked his semifinal opponent and then LOST, he would NEVER hear the end of it.

I have attached link to the ESPN article.

Pointing out that my idea for the FHL submitted before ESPN reported on the idea as a possibility for the NHL.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21051826/nhl-why-nhl-adopt-new-stanley-cup-playoffs-format
Back to top Go down

Picking your playoff opponent
Page 1 of 1