Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras Empty
PostSubject: Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 12:03 am

Hello, all. Badger Bob has been very busy heading into Christmas/New Year. Also, must thank El Nino for the unusually mild weather here in central NJ, which is expected to continue all winter.

Is it also milder than usual in the Motor City?

El Nino, of course, the periodic warming of water in the central Pacific Ocean which alters weather pattern throughout the continental United States. Also has brought a LOT of rain to our friends SV Slashers and SC Cobras in northern California, hopefully making a dent in the historic drought.

At any rate, a short while back, in Oh Those Lions!!!, I chronicled the failure of the Detroit Lions, which led to the Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary pass. This play also led to a victory for Badger Bob in the 5-Team NFL Pool that I have now led for three seasons.

The miracle finish by Green Bay was my first win of the week. I also picked four games correctly on Sunday. Off top of my head, the teams I took were Denver, Baltimore (an underdog), Seattle and Buffalo.

The pool is simple, but NOT easy to win. Pick any five NFL games against the point spread. If you get all five right, you win or share the pot. If there is no winner in a week, the pot builds.

That brings us to tonight's post, Oh Those Lions II!!!

Please join me in congratulating Mike Murphy, SC Cobras, for winning the five-team pool this week. (Josh Murphy, SV Slashers, also won a three-week rollover earlier in the season.) But the fact that Mike completed his win by correctly selecting the DETROIT LIONS -3 against the New Orleans Saints makes his accomplishment even more impressive.

Tonight for Mike, it's all about celebrating his victory in the five-team pool. I think that takes back seat to the fact that SC Cobras have been red-hot in the FHL.

If any other FHL GMs would like to match NFL wits with Badger Bob, SV Slashers, SC Cobras and others next season, let me know.
Back to top Go down
IceHogsDynasty

IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:05 am

Count me in for next year, it would be like taking candy from a baby..
Back to top Go down
misconducts

misconducts

PostSubject: Oh those Lions II!!!    Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm

I am in for next year
Back to top Go down
SC Cobras

SC Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:36 pm

While I was glad to actually pick the 5for5 correctly, this came after JC took home the largest pot $$$ of the season.
Glad to hear others are into it for next season, the more the merrier

Go Lions!
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: WELCOME   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Misconducts and IHD!!!

You guys clearly savvy when it comes to fantasy hockey as evidenced by your track record in FHL. Figuring you guys will be strong as well in NFL 5 Team.

As Mike (SC Cobras) and Josh (SV Slashers) will back me up on, the competition we have puts a whole new look on the NFL weekend. Seems easy on paper. But not as easy as it seems.

This is clearly fun competition as in golf where each player is competing first against the course. Each player in the pool is competing first against the immortal point spread.

What is interesting to note here is that the point spread for each game is provided at start of the week by the Website we use AND DOES NOT CHANGE. This can be an advantage or disadvantage compared with Vegas spread which does change based on ongoing wagering on one team or the other.

Will send along full rules in near term. Also will provide access to the Web site we use so can get a feel for what the interface looks like.

AGAIN, WELCOME!!!
Back to top Go down
IceHogsDynasty

IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:03 am

No worries, mate. I was 13-3 against the spread last week. Jacksonville, Houston, and Detroit tripped me up..

I do better in football than hockey.. Although I did lose in the semi-finals by less than 4.. Poor Ice Cats lost by less than a point. The scores from last weekend were

#3 113.4 My Opponent
#4 111.5 Ice Cats Opponent
#1 110.4 Ice Cats
#2 109.5 Me

How much is the weekly fee?
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: NFL 5 Team entry fee   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:16 pm

LIHD, weekly fee is $10. So $170 for the season.

If you go 5-for-5, you win or share the pot.

If you go 4-for-5 in a week when someone does not go 5-for-5, you get your $ back, $10.

$9 or each $10 goes into the pot. $1 goes to yearly prize fund.

Whatever $ not won in a week rolls over to the next week. So, for example, as SC Cobras said, I did walk away with the big pot of this season, a 10-week rollover in which there had been only one 4-team winner for a deduction of $10.

As said, each week, $1 of the $10 from each player goes to the yearly prize fund. This season, each player in the pool will get $ from that fund based on position in standings.

Last year, we DID NOT have a 5-team winner. We had like 13 4-team winners. And there were some bizarre NFL results that stymied 5-for-5. One that comes to mind involved SV Slashers. Josh had four wins in the bag with only Seattle at St. Louis remaining. It was either the Sunday night or Monday night game.

St. Louis starting QB, guess it was Sam Bradford, was out for the season. Kellen Clemens was playing QB and St. Louis was an underdog by maybe a dozen points.

Seattle, with all key players on offense and defense healthy, played just a terrible game and ended up winning 12-6. Seattle did not cover and SV Slashers missed out. Each player in the pool had at least one 4-for-5 during the season.

So last season, the bulk of the $ (minus the 4-for-5 winners) went to the yearly prize fund. First place got north of $300. Can't remember exact figure. And last year as is the case this year, each player in the pool was awarded some $ from the yearly.

I like the mental challenge that this as well as the fantasy leagues in which I participate presents.
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: To check out NFL 5 Team   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Go to www.poolhost.com

Can log in as yours truly

joemsf16
5Q4ZFV

Click on My Pools on the left of the toolbar.

Under Pro Football Pick 'em, click on blue link 5 Team NFL Pool.

Under Results/Standings on Toolbar, can look at picks that have been made as well as the line for each game. There is another page where you actually make picks.

Also under Results/Standings, click on Season Standings, Game Scores and Point Spreads.

Should provide some good insight.

Any questions, LMK.

Once done, please log off. To do that, go to My Account on mail toolbar. Log off is in the pull-down menu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras   Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh those Lions II!!! Standing O for SC Cobras
Page 1 of 1