HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

WEEK 24 (thru Wednesday)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: WEEK 24 (thru Wednesday)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:59 pm

With nine lead changes since early March, the Bluliners and Badger Bob are fighting toe-to-toe in the unwavering war for the FHL Cup, goaltender John Gibson (29 save shutout) landing the heaviest blow on Wednesday, his Badger Bob team again supplanting the Bluliners as the best team in the league.

The Battle for the FHL Cup
One day after being evicted from the FHL penthouse, GM Chester and his unpacked bags have returned, John Gibson's 4th shutout of the season - a pivotal victory over the Bluliners' Mike Smith - providing Badger Bob with a 4.5 point lead with now, 18 days remaining in the 2017-18 season.

The Bout for the Money
With no one playing on Wednesday, the Boulder Flyers entered the ring wearing a bathrobe and pink bunny slippers - the Wild Ducks pelting the defenseless birds with 6.0 points. When the pink fuzzies settled the Ducks had returned to the money, the 3rd place Ducks now leading the 4th place Flyers by 0.9 points. The Central Red Army also had nothing to show for Wednesday, GM Buker's money deficit now 20.8. The Ice Cats trail by 51.1.

The Scrap for the Laughing Bag
The Polar Bears were the only bottom-feeder to score points on Wednesday, an 8.1 point outing lifting the Bears back into 10th place. As such, the battle for the Laughing Bag is once again an all-snake affair, the Vipers still 32.7 points better than the Cobras.

Semifinals, Playoffs
Playoffs are three weeks in length (Weeks 23-25). Prize money is awarded to three teams: the H2H champion ($100.00), runner-up ($70.00) and winner of the consolation match ($30.00).

Wild Ducks: 22.0
Badger Bob: 28.8

The Wild Ducks were good on Wednesday but they were hoping for better, Badger Bob increasing their advantage by 1.8 points, the Bobs now leading by 6.8 heading into round four of the scheduled seven round bout.

Central Red Army: 16.4
Bluliners: 27.0

The Bluliners could have driven the first nail into the Central Red Army's coffin but GM Hamilton couldn't find any nails, nor the hammer, the blanked Bluliners still leading the Army by 10.6.

LINK: Standings
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: GREAT MINDS thinking alike   Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Needed a big effort from G John Gibson with the help of his Anaheim teammates. And the result was more late-night heroics.

The clock literally struck midnight in the Eastern time zone as the clock went to 0:00 at the end of the third period of Anaheim at Calgary.

The discussion at Badger Bob headquarters, located in the shadow of the PPG Paints Arena in "the Golden Triangle," downtown Pittsburgh, PA, was not if but WHEN MorganWigge would use such a photo. It happened today. EXCELLENT WORK BY MORGANWIGGE.

I could not find in a hurry a photo of a player on Badger Bob actually fighting a player on Bluliners in a NHL game of any kind -- pre-season, regular season or Stanley Cup playoffs. So I settled for a fight for which I believed there had to be material online. Two unlikely combatants. Plays into the current head-to-head semifinal between Badger Bob and Wild Ducks.

In February 2017, Evgeni Malkin of the Penguins (and this season the Wild Ducks in the FHL) in a game in Pittsburgh delivered a hit to the head of the "The Captain" Blake Wheeler of the Jets (and Badger Bob) long after the puck was gone. I viewed the highlight, or in this case the lowlight, at the time and thought to myself, "Geno, you were in the wrong. You will be asked by Wheeler to fight in the next game against Winnipeg."

No penalty was called on the play. Winnipeg asked the NHL to take a look at the video. The decision was no supplemental discipline for Malkin.

Here is video of the Malkin high hit on Wheeler.

Three weeks later, the Penguins visited Winnipeg. And yes, Wheeler asked Malkin to fight. Malkin knew the request was coming and obliged.

This is why I love the way the NHL polices itself.

I, of course, like both Malkin and Wheeler. Wish the two had not been physically involved twice. But the good news is that both players were not seriously hurt although Wheeler did say the day after the initial hit that he was feeling it.

Here is a still shot from the Malkin-Wheeler fight.

Here is video of the Malkin-Wheeler fight.

Here is video of Malkin saying why he fought Wheeler. A bad hit by me and respect for Wheeler. This speaks volumes about Malkin's character.

And we'll bring the tent down on this circus with a Badger Bob constant favorite. In all this excitement, I've lost track of the number of lead changes. MorganWigge says nine. So it is nine.

(If the number of lead changes reaches 11, we may be in for a special edition of the daily write-up. The return of Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap. We're only two lead changes away and there are 18 days to go. Plenty of New York Minutes.)

That's just like one Inspector Harold Francis "Dirty Harry" Callahan of the San Francisco Police Department on the silver screen. In all the excitement of single-handedly foiling a bank robbery, he lost track of whether he fired five or six shots from his BIG gun in the original "Dirty Harry" movie in 1971.

Puck drop for early games tonight is about 3 hours and 45 minutes away. It looks like Bluliners has the player edge tonight, 8-4. So we could be looking at yet another lead change.

Also, Wild Ducks has a 5-4 player edge tonight, including both goaltenders -- Luongo and Varlamov. So am hoping that I won't be on the wrong end of Superfly Snuka off the top rope x 2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WEEK 24 (thru Wednesday)   Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Malkin threw all of zero punches, hardly a fight. Smile But yeah, admire the respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEEK 24 (thru Wednesday)   

Back to top Go down

WEEK 24 (thru Wednesday)
Page 1 of 1