Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEEK 21 (thru Thursday)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

WEEK 21 (thru Thursday) Empty
PostSubject: WEEK 21 (thru Thursday)   WEEK 21 (thru Thursday) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 12:35 pm

WEEK 21 (thru Thursday) IhG3Llj
One day after being shoved 17.4 points back, the undeterred Bobs took a chunk out of the Bluliners lead, David Pastrnak (2g, 1a) contributing 7.0 of his team's 18.0 points, Badger Bob returning to single-digit-deficit territory, now trailing GM Hamilton's again-nervous first place team by only 7.4 points.

Badger Bob: 39.0
Ice Cats: 25.5

With the Misconducts losing badly, Badger Bob has the inside lane in the race for a first round playoff bye, GM Chester's squad now leading the slightly dazed Ice Cats by 13.5.

SC Cobras: 54.8
Ice Hogs: 24.2
­
Don't look now but the SC Cobras have already hoarded 54.8 points, a fact that has GM Henry grinding his playoff teeth, his kinda-sorta-gotta-win Ice Hogs team now trailing the slimy snakes by 30.6.

Misconducts: 23.7
Central Red Army: 56.0
­
GM Smalley is also a tad miffed by the play of his opponent, the Central Red Army with the league's best score four days into the week, another rip-roaring evening placing GM Buker on a thick 32.3 point cushion.

Vegas Vipers: 23.5
Wild Ducks: 31.7

With the Ice Hogs losing the Wild Ducks remain hopeful that they can sneak into the seven-team playoffs, GM Collard's squad now leading the Vegas Vipers by 8.2 with three days remaining in the week.

Mooses: 33.6
Bluliners: 30.0
­
It wasn't all bad news for the Bluliners as an 8.0 point showing has placed GM Hamilton back in this non-divisional contest, the playing-for-the-Probert-title team drawing to within 3.6 of the playing-well Mooses.

Polar Bears: 21.1
Boulder Flyers: 27.5

With only 10 days remaining in the regular season the Polar Bears are confident of their playoff chances, however they still have some work to do, the 11-9 Bears trailing the 6-14 Boulder Flyers by 6.4.

LINK: Standings
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Getting interesting   WEEK 21 (thru Thursday) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 1:02 pm

For me, every night of the NHL season -- regular and playoffs -- is interesting. But the current scenario involving me in the FHL amps things up into Nigel Tufnel territory -- 11 -- and maybe more.

Certainly happy when the work day is over and it is time to see what occurs on NHL rinks across North America.

In the fantasy stretch drive, everything gets magnified. Here's a FHL example. Not complaining in any way. It is what it is since injuries are part of the NHL game and fantasy hockey.

Colorado D Erik Johnson has been out for a week or maybe a little more now with an arm injury. He is on IR. Not sure if it is a wrist or a shoulder.

Johnson is Avs' top overall D. He gets the most ice time -- more than 25 minutes a game.

Johnson skated solo yesterday for the first time. But there is still no timetable for his return.

With Johnson out, the main beneficiary of more ice time is...drum roll please...Tyson Barrie.

If Barrie is on the ice more, he has additional opportunity to put up points for the Bluliners.

For me, stuff like this makes fantasy sports really interesting. Sometimes the fantasy puck bounces your way, something it does not.

Here's one other FHL example. Tuesday night, F Ryan Hartman of Nashville scored at 19:00 of the third period to put the visiting Preds up for good, 6-5 over Winnipeg, and complete a third-period comeback from a 5-3 deficit.

Then, Wednesday night, there was an even wilder game in Vancouver between the Rangers and the Canuckleheads.

Someone I have heard of -- F Brock Boeser -- scored at 19:14 of the third period to lift Vancouver into a 5-5 tie and send the game into overtime. Then at 1:22 of OT, someone I had not heard of prior -- D John Gilmour -- scored to give New York a 6-5 win.

Why is this relevant to the FHL?

The Hartman goal ended the chance of Badger Bob goaltender Connor Hellebuyck to earn points. He finished with 26 saves.

The Gilmour goal earned Bluliners' goaltender Henrik Lundqvist points. More accurately, the Gilmour goal earned Lundqvist BIG POINTS -- 5.0 -- since he made 50 saves.

The only way Hellebuyck or Lundqvist could earn points was if the team won the game. Neither goaltender had a sufficient save percentage to earn points if the team lost the game.

Again, not complaining. It is what it is. And to me, it is interesting!!!

Sure looked like Hellebuyck would earn points, with Winnipeg up, 5-3, after two periods and playing at home. But Nashville made a great comeback.

This game may have been a precursor to what would be a GREAT playoff series in the Western Conference sometime in April or May.
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: WEEK 21 (thru Thursday)   WEEK 21 (thru Thursday) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 8:02 pm

When I won the FHL Cup in 2015 - defeating the Wild Ducks by 4.3 points - it was so nerve-racking it almost wasn't fun.

I much prefer my present situation ... trailing by 52.6 points (no stress) and then outscoring the best team by 52.7 points on the final day to win the Cup.

Yep, that'll work. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEEK 21 (thru Thursday)   WEEK 21 (thru Thursday) Empty

Back to top Go down

WEEK 21 (thru Thursday)
Page 1 of 1