Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEEK 18 (thru Thursday)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

WEEK 18 (thru Thursday) Empty
PostSubject: WEEK 18 (thru Thursday)   WEEK 18 (thru Thursday) EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 pm

WEEK 18 (thru Thursday) NdvzwG1
Thanks mostly to P.K. Subban the Boulder Flyers were the best Thursday team, the 28 year-old rearguard ripping his NHL-best 14th and 15th goals of the season (9.0 points), the Flyers now better than the Vegas Vipers after the 17.7 point showing.

Boulder Flyers: 30.2
Vegas Vipers: 26.4

Leading yesterday the must-win Vegas Vipers are leading no more, a 12.0 point evening not enough to keep pace with the Boulder Flyers, GM Miller now standing in a 3.8 point hole.

Ice Cats: 31.1
Bluliners: 31.4
­
This battle for Probert division supremacy is living up to the hype, the Ice Cats and Bluliners both netting 13.0 points on Thursday, GM Hamilton's squad still leading by a scant 0.3.

Badger Bob: 34.1
Misconducts: 34.4
­
Another heated duel as the two in-form division leaders continue to exchange haymakers, the Domi-best Misconducts now leading the Grimson-best Badger Bob by 0.3.

Ice Hogs: 29.1
Polar Bears: 18.9

The Ice Hogs apparently like the "must win" label hanging over their head as the team bagged a fat 16.5 points on Thursday, the just-out-of-the-playoffs Hogs now leading the wilting Polar Bears by 10.2.

Wild Ducks: 16.0
SC Cobras: 17.0
­
The worst score of the week isn't doing the Wild Ducks any favors, a soft Thursday dropping GM Collard's team into 5th place. A H2H win however remains a possibility, the sputtering SC Cobras leading by an assist.

Mooses: 33.0
Central Red Army: 36.0

The Central Red Army could find themselves out of the playoffs if they skid through the final five weeks, GM Buker's team good enough on Thursday, their advantage over the Mooses currently 3.0.

LINK: Standings
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

WEEK 18 (thru Thursday) Empty
PostSubject: THIS IS WHY HEAD-TO-HEAD IS RIVETING!!! GO IHD!!!   WEEK 18 (thru Thursday) EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 pm

This aint no sideshow this period YO!!!

(Even though "sideshow" rhymes with "YO," I have no plans to quit the day job and become a rapper.)

Five of the six head-to-head matchups currently neck-and-neck heading into Friday. This may have occurred prior with LOBL (Little Old Badger Bob) in the league. But if yes, I cannot remember.

And MAJOR implications riding on the outcome of some of these matchups.

I don't watch "The Simpsons" or any other regularly scheduled TV show for that matter. (I'll watch again if they bring back "Hogan's Heroes" and "WKRP in Cincinnati.") Content just too painful for my brain.

But I just learned (sadly) from an Internet search that there is a recurring character on "The Simpsons" called "Sideshow Bob," most definitely NOT TO BE CONFUSED with Badger Bob.

WEEK 18 (thru Thursday) Sideshow_bob

As far as the other matchup that is not in the neck-and-neck range at the moment, a deficit of 10 points and change is possible to overcome in three days with, I think, 19 games combined remaining. But I'm going to be selfish here since a win by IHD helps my cause in the Grimson Division -- THE MOST COMPETITIVE DIVISION THIS SEASON IN THE FHL. Stu Grimson, the "Grim Reaper," would be proud if he knew.)

So GO IHD!!!
Back to top Go down

WEEK 18 (thru Thursday)
Page 1 of 1