HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

WEEK 17 (thru Tuesday)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: WEEK 17 (thru Tuesday)   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Technical difficulties. News will return tomorrow.

Boulder Flyers: 21.0
Bluliners: 9.6

Vegas Vipers: 16.5
Ice Hogs: 17.6

SC Cobras: 15.7
Misconducts: 20.0

Wild Ducks: 4.0
Central Red Army: 16.0

Mooses: 25.3
Badger Bob: 15.0

Polar Bears: 13.0
Ice Cats: 10.0

LINK: Standings
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Reason for belated Tuesday coverage   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:53 pm

The Mooses scored a boatload of points on Tuesday night. And it could have been much worse for LOBB (Little Old Badger Bob). Assuming what I saw on espn.com was correct, while Getzlaf did hit bonus, Boeser and O'Reilly also were were within one goal or assist of bonus. Nevertheless, it did take FHL top management time to add up the Mooses' gold rush. Just kidding of course.

The annoying moment of the night for Badger Bob occurred midway through the second period of the Devils-Bruins game. Was watching in a restaurant as I was eating dinner.

A highly questionable double minor against Miles Wood of the Devils greased the skids for a power-play goal by the Mooses' Patrice Bergeron in a 5-on-3 that lifted Boston into a 2-2 tie.

A Boston player seemed to clearly check the Devils' Nico Hischier from behind into the far boards at center ice. No penalty was called.

Wood then came to the aid of his teammate and made contact with Riley Nash of Boston. The contact did not warrant a double minor. And as Wood was skating away, Nash slashed Wood and WAS NOT given a minor.

Thirty-three seconds later, the Devils' Marcus Johansson received a legit tripping minor. This is how Boston ended up with the 5-on-3.

The goal resulted from Boston completing four consecutive passes around the perimeter before Bergeron scored from the right circle. David Pastrnak of Badger Bob made the first of those passes. So he did not receive an assist. The other two passers -- Brad Marchand and Torey Krug -- received an assist.

https://www.nhl.com/video/bergerons-one-timer-ppg/t-293640314/c-56951003

Also, whoever in the FHL has Devils' G Corey Schneider can't be happy about the series of events. Schneider was injured (probably groin) trying to stop Bergeron's shot. He completed the second period, but did not play in the third and is listed as day-to-day. Bad luck for Schneider after getting over major stomach virus that kept him sidelined most of last week. Bad luck also for the FHL owner if Schneider is in the lineup.

Oh well. On to Wednesday night in Period 18. Toronto is at Chicago. Los Angeles is at Calgary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: The game that keeps on giving   Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:46 am

OK, we're back to Devils at Bruins Tuesday night.

Checking NHL news before I begin work Thursday and see that the NHL has suspended Brad Marchand of the Bruins (and Mooses in the FHL) for five games for elbowing Marcus Johansson of the Devils. WOAH, BATMAN!!!

I don't recall seeing that during my time watching -- midway through the first period through the end of the second. Maybe the penalty severe because Marchand is a "repeat offender?" He is out until February 7 against the Rangers.

The news brief I read said no penalty was called on the play.

So this is ANOTHER ONE missed by the refs in addition to the dubious double minor that was called on Miles Wood of the Devils. For the record, the refs in the game were Jean Hebert and Graham Skilliter.

I am now howling since I just found a typo in the box score on ESPN. The linesmen in the game, according to ESPN, were Derek Amell and Derek Amell. Is this kinda like Dr. Jimmy and Mr. Jim? Or is it Derek Amell Sr. and Derek Amell Jr.?

Referees: Jean Hebert, Graham Skilliter
Linesmen: Derek Amell, Derek Amell

OK, looked it up. The other linesman was Devin Berg. So that mystery is solved. Ironically, Berg wears #87!!! I like this guy. Until he makes a bad call against the Penguins, of course.

LINESMEN

Devin Berg #87 Derek Amell #75

# # #

BIG GAME tonight for the Penguins. The Wild are in town. Pens usually have trouble with Minnesota for some reason. Question is who will start in goal for Pittsburgh -- Murray, Jarry or DeSmith?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEEK 17 (thru Tuesday)   

Back to top Go down

WEEK 17 (thru Tuesday)
Page 1 of 1