Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was your favorite event at the Silverdome?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

What was your favorite event at the Silverdome? Empty
PostSubject: What was your favorite event at the Silverdome?   What was your favorite event at the Silverdome? EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm

What was your favorite event at the Silverdome? 2731485_1280x720

As we all know, the demolition of the Silverdome failed yesterday. So the old structure will stand for a while longer while another attempt at its destruction is planned.

So Detroit area owners, let us know what was the favorite event you attended at the Silverdome. Maybe it was WrestleMania III, topped by Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant? Maybe it was when a REAL CATHOLIC POPE, John Paul II, said Mass there?

I never attended an event at the Silverdome. But I should have.

I had tickets to Super Bowl XVI. And as a long-time fan of the 49ers, this was nirvana. After going 2-14 in 1978 and 1979 and then 6-10 in 1980, the 49ers made a breakthrough in 1981.

After starting 1-2 (losses to Chicago and Atlanta), the 49ers won 11 in a row before finishing the regular season 13-3. (The only other loss was to the Browns on 8,001 field goals by Don Cockroft.)

The playoff win prior to Super Bowl XVI was capped by one of the most memorable plays in NFL history, the Joe Montana pass into the far right corner of the end zone that Dwight Clark turned into "The Catch" and a 28-27 win over Dallas.

I was working as a part-time reporter in sports and business at a local daily newspaper, The Trenton Times. I purchased four tickets as one of our full-time reporters exercised a connection for me.

I had put in for a full-time position as a business reporter. They needed me to start the Monday after the Super Bowl. So between that and the bad weather that would have made driving a real challenge, I decided not to go to the Super Bowl. I sold my tickets to one of my cousins. It was a fateful decision without a doubt. It was the only time I had a shot to attend an event at the Silverdome.
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

What was your favorite event at the Silverdome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite event at the Silverdome?   What was your favorite event at the Silverdome? EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 2:22 pm

My memories of the Silverdome are fuzzy, mostly because visits typically involved copious amounts of ethanol. I think I was watching football - either that or someone was tackling the Pope.
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net

What was your favorite event at the Silverdome?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Immaterial Material-
Jump to: