Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury Empty
PostSubject: Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury   Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Buffalo center Zemgus Girgensons has been out of the Sabres' lineup the last two games (Saturday, February 11 against Toronto and Sunday the 12th against Vancouver). In the ESPN box score for each game is a description of what ails Girgensons that I have NEVER seen before for a NHL player.

Girgensons is on the shelf with what is described as a "middle-body injury." Has anyone in our great group ever seen middle-body injury?

Usually, NHL injuries these days are described in vague terms of lower-body or upper-body. Here. we have middle-body. New ground for me.

Who knows. Maybe Girgensons has a bruised navel?

Hopefully, he does not have a problem with what hangs directly below the navel at the top of the area that usually falls into the description of lower-body injury.

The info below is from the ESPN box score Sunday, February 12 game Buffalo and Vancouver:

Buffalo Sabres Scratches

Player Detail

Z. Girgensons Middle-body Injury
C. Franson Foot Injury
N. Deslauriers Scratched
Back to top Go down
IceHogsDynasty

IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury   Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 2:36 pm

I imagine its a hip or groin.. OUCH..  Reminds me of a certain hockey player who played for the 97-98 Wings.

Here is what he went through.
affraid  affraid
It was another example of the playoff hockey player gone mad.

Gilchrist was 31 years old, in his 10th NHL season, and his first with the Red Wings as the 1998 playoffs dawned. Late in the season, an old groin injury flared up inside Gilchrist, which didn’t hurt him unless he moved or breathed. Other than that, he was fine.

The pain was excruciating. To a hockey player, a bad groin injury is like a sore throat for a giraffe, to borrow an old, weary joke. And Gilchrist had a bad one, alright. With every stride he took on skates, the groin screamed at him to stop.

But these were the playoffs.

Gilchrist had himself injected, in his groin, before every playoff game he played in that year with needles as long as Pinocchio’s nose in a game of liar’s poker. Even his fellow hockey warriors didn’t care to look when Gilchrist went into the trainer’s room for his pre-game treatment.

Sometimes the shots would wear off and Gilchrist would have them done again between periods. He played in 15 of the Red Wings’ 22 playoff games in 1998, his groin on fire. His injury was so severe that Gilchrist only played in five games the following season.

But the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup in 1998, so the pain was worth it to Brent Gilchrist, who’d never won the Cup before.
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: GREAT story from Ice Hogs Dynasty   Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 pm

IHD, GREAT story on Brent Gilchrist. Doing what it takes to be on the ice for the playoffs. Players believe that they want to be there for their teammates.

No question that injuries that would sideline player in regular season just ignored in playoffs.

Perfect description of a groin injury for a hockey player, capped by other than that he was OK. Needles the length of Pinocchio's nose. And like a sore throat for a giraffe.

IHD, I have thrown my Pens' hat onto the FHL Forum ice in response to your post.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury   Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Something I have never seen prior: middle-body injury
Page 1 of 1