Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? Empty
PostSubject: Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello, all. B2 here. Been quiet lately. But may be coming out of hibernation. We'll see.

Speaking of hibernation, as commish had in the news wrap today, Polar Bears showing a pulse. Certainly helps for the Polar Bears to have SIDNEY CROSBY healthy and doing what SIDNEY CROSBY does, being the best player in the world.

Latest two goals for SIDNEY CROSBY coming in Pens' 5-0 demolition of the Sharks in San Jose last night.

Second goal a thing of beauty. A Sharks' D was attempting to clear puck from in front of the net. With one hand on stick, SIDNEY CROSBY knocked down puck out of mid-air and then redirected it past a startled San Jose goaltender Martin Jones. Look that one up online.

Those who seek to bash SIDNEY CROSBY for "whining to referees" don't have much support to stand on. If he's able to play, he's the best.

# # #

As per the title of this post. Did the FHL piss off someone in marketing? Someone important in marketing at Belle Tire, the home of the smiling tire logo?

The 2016-17 FHL season is in progress, but NO MATCHES have been designated the "Belle Tire Match of the Week." Oversight by FHL top management? Would be awful have to have Belle Tire sponsoring some OTHER fantasy hockey league based elsewhere in Michigan like Ypsilanti or Benton Harbor, home of former pro wrestler Bobo Brazil, a former NWA champion, he of the finishing move called the "Coco Butt."

# # #

Lastly, there is a player in the Red Wings' system who DOES NOT HAVE A VOWEL in his last name.

Owners, meet Martin Frk, a right wing from the Czech Republic. He played the entire season in 2015-16 for the Grand Rapids Griffins, the Detroit AHL affiliate.

Frk (still can't get over no vowel) was waived by the Red Wings during training camp and picked up by the Carolina Hurricanes. After playing two games for Carolina, Frk was again waived. Detroit picked him back up and sent him back to Grand Rapids.

Just have to wonder what is going on in Grand Rapids since Frk says his favorite thing to do in Grand Rapids is to take his dogs to the dog park.

Thus, don't think we'll be seeing Martin Frk on a roster in the FHL anytime soon.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/11/05/red-wings-martin-frk/93351274/
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 2:07 am

Off-season negotiations with Belle Tire didn't go as planned. I asked for a free set of tires, they countered with a free oil change. Needless to say, I walked.
Back to top Go down
https://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Oh well   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

However, fair to say that if Belle Tire was still sponsoring that the matchup for first place in the Grimson Division between little old Badger Bob and Wild Ducks would be the Belle Tire Match of the Week.

Both teams bring in 3-1 record and are second (WD) and fourth B2) in overall standings. Big matchup.

Did Badger Bob guess right that Matt Murray, coming off the shutout of San Jose, will get two of the three starts for the Penguinees this week? Just a WILD GUESS since playing the WILD DUCKS.
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Also on the Martin Frk front   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Red Wings had a chance to recall Frk from Grand Rapids since Thomas Vanek put on IR with a hip issue. Instead, Red Wings recalled Tyler Bertuzzi. Yes, he is related. A nephew of Todd Bertuzzi.

But a bit of a puzzling move as Tyler Bertuzzi wasn't exactly lighting it up in Grand Rapids. Just four points in nine games.

Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
a puzzling move as Tyler Bertuzzi wasn't exactly lighting it up in Grand Rapids. Just four points in nine games.

Unfortunately, "wasn't exactly lighting it up" is more than enough to crack the Red Wings lineup.

Let's Go Pens!!! wrote:
Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

With regard to sponsorship, currently looking at other Detroit-based businesses. Maybe Quicken Loans, Jets Pizza - or the crème de la crème of all Detroit companies, Better Made Potato Chips.

Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: What timing   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Better Made Potato Chips. Sounds good!!! I will most definitely sample when I visit the Motor City.

My favorite is a brand of potato chip produced in northeast Pennsylvania. Wise. As a matter of fact, I just downed a $0.99 bag earlier today. Who needs Wheaties when Wise Potato Chips a better breakfast of champions. SO GOOD! According to Wikipedia, marketed in 15 eastern seaboard states as well as Vermont, Tennessee, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and Washington, DC.

So the next time you Detroit guys go to Toledo, Ohio, grab a bag of Wise.

The headquarters is in Berwick, PA. I believe Charley Weis, former assistant coach New England Patriots and former head coach Notre Dame and Cleveland Browns part of the family that owns Wise.

I have attached a link to a photo of the Wise logo. The logo involes an owl. As in wise owl.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/cc/41/5f/cc415f4da3975d4052b04c1c188a1693.jpg

Company initially owned by Wise family. Purchased by Borden in 1964. And various owners after Borden went out of business. Now owned by a company based in Mexico.

What I also LIKE about Wise. THE COMPANY POLITICALLY INCORRECT. Did not change its way of producing potato chips in search of a healthier alternative.

I doubt that a bag of unhealthy potato chips here and there will make a difference in someone's health. So superb that Wise still tastes the same. Obviously, if you eat 25 bags every day, then you might run into a health problem.

Another favorite is Charles Chips. This company USED TO DELIVER TO THE HOME potato chips and pretzels in signature large metal container, which definitely kept them fresh longer. (Also provide smaller quantity in plastic bag.)

Charles stopped doing home delivery in the mid 1970s. But there is a store I go to periodically in Bucks County, PA where I can pick up Charles in the metal container.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Chips
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin
Morganwigge

PostSubject: Re: Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 11:57 am

I'll have to check my facts (have the information stored somewhere in the house) but I believe Potato Chips are the best thing ever invented.

Never enjoyed Wise or Charles Chips.

I actually have an obsession with potato chips. So much so that my wife has been instructed to bury me in a potato chip bag.

And speaking of potato chips, this particular flavor recently vaulted north in the Morganwigge PC Standings - currently ranked 2nd overall.

Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? New-herr-s-creamy-ranch-habanero-chips-1oz-42-bags-1
Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Semantics   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Paul, by "never enjoyed" Wise and Charles you mean:

never had them?

had them but do not like them?

Did not know what you meant in your response.

Both Wise and Charles are "light" but have big taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?   Did the FHL p off someone in marketing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did the FHL p off someone in marketing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
 :: Center Ice-