HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Oh those Lions!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Oh those Lions!!!   Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:06 am

Hello, all.

Just a quick post on the Flaming Failure at Ford Field.

I was more interested in keeping track of Stars at Canucks online. So was glancing periodically to see how the Packers at Lions game was proceeding.

Why? I had no rooting interest in this game other than $5 on Green Bay -3. And I took Green Bay in a 5-team picking pool that I am in.

Even with this small amount on the line, want to win.

Just want to share my thought process at two junctures of this game.

When Lions went ahead 17-0 in the first quarter, thought, "OK, still plenty of time for the Packers to come back. They are playing the Lions."

Fast forward to the penultimate play of the game. My thought process after the short completion to Jones and the facemask penalty was, and I kid you not:

"What an IDIOTIC penalty. It puts the Packers just within range for a Hail Mary. This is the Detroit Lions that just gave the Packers one last chance. Why not a Green Bay touchdown on the last play so I can win my wager?"

Sure enough.

I am not writing this to upset any Lions fans in the FHL. You are upset enough.

Just find it interesting that the thought occurred to me that after the facemask penalty, the Lions still had a chance to fall on their own sword to inflect fatal wound. And sure enough they did so.

This happens so rarely in sports, a finish like this. But bad luck seems to crop up more for  some teams, such as the Lions, than others.

Last edited by Let's Go Pens!!! on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceHogsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions!!!   Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:27 am

Its typical of the Lions.. Not one guy on the other Rodgers.. I just laughed and turned it off..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions!!!   Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:42 pm

I'm such a huge fan of the Lions, forgot they were even playing. Saw the score/debacle the following day. jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: To be honest   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:33 pm

With all of the injuries, rule changes and hoodlum behavior by the players, I don't care as much about the NFL than in the past other than fantasy and my picking pool. Care WAY MORE about the England Premier League (soccer).

Another game I LOVE to watch is Australian Rules Football!!! Any AFL/VFL fans out there?

Gotta love the goal judges...

For those not familiar, there are four posts at each end of an Australian Rules Football pitch, which is oval and about 1.5 times size of American football field. If ball kicked through two middle posts, a goal results. This is six points and causes goal judge to give the "six shooters drawn" motion with one finger on each hand.

If ball kicked through either of the outer sets of posts, a behind results. This is one point and causes the goal judge to give the "one six shooter drawn" motion with one finger of one hand.

If goal judge doesn't like what he is hearing from fans, guess he could use different finger of one hand in a different way.

I used to like the OLD attire of the goal judges. White lab coat and white explorer hat.

The VFL on chest the old name of the league: (original) Victorian Football League. Current name of the MAJOR LEAGUE is Australian Football League.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh those Lions!!!   

Back to top Go down

Oh those Lions!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1