HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line   Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Saturday night, asking for scoop on what went on at the FHL GM meeting. Told him I, sadly, could not help since I was not in attendance.

Added that will see if the commish chooses to disclose details. Don't know if FHL GM meeting is like visiting Las Vegas. What happens here stays here.

BTW, looked like commish's favorite sons, Boulder Flyers, were registering some points led by Boston G Rask and Dallas D Klingberg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:46 am

The first GM meeting of 2015-16 got off to a slow start - a lot of posturing, not much action. None actually.

At 11.00 pm (EST) - a full three hours after the start of the league-sanctioned bash - GM Hamilton (Bluliners) unleashed his secret weapon: "Not Your Fathers Root Beer" (alcohol content, more than normal).

By 11.30 pm (EST) the following trades had been made:

Bluliners/Wild Ducks: Ryan Johansen/Kari Lehtonen/Pick -for- Evgeni Malkin/Jonas Hiller/Pick

Misconducts/Boulder Flyers: Ryan Miller/Aaron Ekblad -for- Tyson Barrie/Cam Talbot

Boulder Flyers/Bluliners: Nail Yakupov -for- Adam Henrique

Moral to the story: If you're happy with your team, don't drink "Not Your Fathers Root Beer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: OK re: trades, but LeBrun also asked...   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 pm

...if Between the Pipes hosted. Figured if yes, we'd be seeing photos of the hockey themed basement which I assume would have to be the envy of the FHL.

Since BTP a netminder, right?, figuring there are photos of Roger Crozier, Gilles Gilbert, Mike Vernon and Tim Cheveldae on the walls? (Any idea of how Cheveldae lasted 10 seasons in the NHL?)

Maybe also photos of non-netminding Red Wings such as Mickey Redmond and Alex Delvecchio?

(For the record, I like MICKEY REDMOND more as a color commentator than PAUL WOODS. So that Red Wings' radio crew of Kal and Woods just not getting it done for me...)

Or if went to Chelli's Chili, would like to see photos of that fine establishment as well. Have hard about it of course.

Inquiring minds want to know...

# # #

BTW, in the Malkin trade, what is meant by pick? It's not Malkin and X and a toothpick for two players and a toothpick. Is that a pick in the waiver order?

# # #

Bluliners with the root beer a man on a mission...from God...as were the Blues Brothers Jake and Elwood. So may have to use Blues Brother (singular) at times when referring to Bluliners...

# # #
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:32 pm

To my knowledge, no photos were taken during the GM meeting but rest assured, Between the Pipes' basement is a must-see. It SCREAMS hockey from wall to wall, ceiling to tile (might have been carpet).

I'll drop Lawrence a line to see if he can send/post some pictures.

Re: picks, you can trade your weekly pick. It's basically the icing on the cake - something to nudge a GM into making a deal.

For example, if you're in first place with the 12th overall (Saturday waiver-wire) pick, you could trade your 12th pick to a team lower in the standings. The first place team would then pick before the team lower in the standings.

In short, the two teams swapped picks.

Re: Cheveldae and how he lasted 10 seasons in the NHL.

No idea. Funny enough that's a running joke among a few of us FHL-ers; Cheveldae's name being synonymous with "sucking." Oddly enough, Chris Osgood and his 400+ wins is not far behind.

Mickey Redmond is old-school, through and through. Hockey-wise, they don't make them any better than Mickey.
Back to top Go down
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line   Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Not a photo of Pipes' basement, per se, but the photo was taken during the GM Meeting - Ken Hamilton (i.e. Bobby Hull) holding one of the many jerseys that were hanging on the wall of Lawrence's hockey lair.

Please excuse the folded Detroit Lions blanket.

Back to top Go down
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Legend of Tim Cheveldae known far and wide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:20 pm

a running joke between yours truly and a Devils' fan friend of mine here, who teed off on me Saturday night for that 4-0 Devils' win. (My buddy Ken also played adult ice hockey into his 40s.)

And yes the running joke re: Cheveldae isn't positive. So rest easy those in Motownland. Other serious hockey fans around the league also know and wonder to this day about Tim Cheveldae.

To be fair, there are other goaltenders in hockey history who fit the Cheveldae mold. Rules say you have to have a warm body in net.

If it were earlier in the day, I'd come up with a few names. But too late. Tired.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up Cheveldae career stats and the lowest GAA he had in a season was 3.2 in 1991-92. Keep in mind he played in a time with much more offense.

# # #

And the name of the current general manager of the Winnipeg Jets: KEVIN CHEVELDAYOFF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line   

Back to top Go down

Pierre LeBrun of ESPN called Badger Bob hot line
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1