HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

October 23 FHL spotlight on...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: October 23 FHL spotlight on...   Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:04 pm

As we conclude Period 2, the FHL spotlight is clearly on the two Hamilton franchises (not to be confused with the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the Canadian Football League).

Chester's Corner clearly a fan of the head-to-head component of the FHL. Was a key determinant in Badger Bob joining. And entering the last day of Period 2, both Hamilton franchises are in front by a smidge, with Bluliners (Ken) leading Ice Cats, 30.1-28.5 and Redliners (Megan) leading Boulder Flyers, 41.2-40.

With head-to-head component, going to have instances where high drama can result. Friday, October 23, is one of those instances.

So as Phil Bourque, color commentator for the Penguins on radio, would say when he expects a lot of action, such as at the start of a 5-on-3 Pens' power play, "Buckle up, baby!"

Mike Lange, play-by-play announcer for the Penguins on radio, sometimes says following a
Penguins' goal, "Get in the fast lane, Grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll!" (Lange, a
member of the Hockey Hall of Fame as a broadcaster, has a myriad of post-goal calls. That is one of them.)

Bourque and Lange behind the microphone, fellow GMs, equals entertainment.

Back to the business at hand. There are six NHL games on tap. Let's see which players will be active in the two FHL matchups in the spotlight.

In Bluliners versus Ice Cats, looks like Ice Cats has numerical advantage in skaters, 8-5, with both Ice Cats' goaltenders, Price of Montreal and Holtby of Washington, eligible but not scheduled to start in game tonight.

Skaters available for Ice Cats: Pacioretty and Galchenyuk of Montreal, O'Reilly of Buffalo, Hudler of Calgary, Wheeler of Winnipeg, Okposo of the Islanders, Nyquist of Detroit and Niskanen of Washington.

Skaters available for Bluliners are Backstrom of Washington, Stamkos of Tampa Bay, Subban of Montreal, Schultz of Los Angeles and Byfuglien of Winnipeg.

In the other spotlight matchup, looks like both Redliners and Boulder Flyers have six skaters available.

For Redliners, they are Carter of Los Angeles, Nugent-Hopkins of Edmonton, Palat and Callahan of Tampa Bay, Kronwall of Detroit and Giordano of Calgary.

For Boulder Flyers, they are Ovechkin and Oshie of Washington, Pukkinen of Detroit, Kane of Buffalo, Strome of the Islanders and Doughty of Los Angeles.

Boulder Flyers has one goaltender eligible. But Talbot is not scheduled to start tonight for Edmonton.

Did not get a chance to see if any skaters mentioned above are in danger of missing game tonight due to injury.

Which players on these four teams will be a hero (da bomb, had to figure out a way to use an icon  cherry)? We'll find out starting in about an hour with the initial puck drop of the evening in Buffalo for Canadiens at Sabres.

As the late great Yogi Berra used to say, "It aint over 'til it's over." This is true of all six FHL matchups. Anything can happen since we saw Between the Pipes explode for more than 30 points in one night in Period 1. Sadly, Badger Bob saw that first-hand.

But Chester's Corner expects high drama in finale night of Bluliners versus Ice Cats and Redliners versus Boulder Flyers. Can the Hamilton franchises sweep?

Badger Bob over and out. Am hoping SC Cobras can stay tame tonight. Enjoy the night in the NHL and the FHL. Remember, IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR HOCKEY!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SC Cobras

PostSubject: Re: October 23 FHL spotlight on...   Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:15 pm

No mention of the ass kicking yer putting on me this week, JC??!
What a gentleman...

Off to study football lines for the weekend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Line re: SC Cobras   Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Mike, I just had a line toward end of post hoping "that SC Cobras would remain tame" tonight.

Trash talking not part of my approach. All I can do is put the players in lineup or on bench and hope for the best. Fantasy sports NOT an exact science.

BTW, you are on a roll in NFL 5 Team!!! Could perfection await this week???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 23 FHL spotlight on...   Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
SC Cobras

PostSubject: Re: October 23 FHL spotlight on...   Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:05 pm

^ Haha, yea, that's pretty much me every Sunday.

As far as my team goes, I think the Cobras are going to need some 'retooling'. Does Kunitz know the season has started??!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 23 FHL spotlight on...   Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:27 pm

SC Cobras wrote:
Does Kunitz know the season has started??!

Does Pittsburgh know the season has started?!? Sleep

If I owned any Pittsburgh players I'd be sending trade offers to Badger Bob 24/7. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 23 FHL spotlight on...   

Back to top Go down

October 23 FHL spotlight on...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1