HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hu Dem and life for Red Wings in Eastern Conference

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Hu Dem and life for Red Wings in Eastern Conference   Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Hello, folks. Trying to determine who are the players involved in the fight that is featured prominently on the Forum. Fully understand Red Wings hatred of Black Hawks and thus use of that picture. BTW, looks like it was one heckuva a scrap.

(BTW, any of the Detroit-based owners, feel free to let me know how you feel about the move to the Eastern Conference, disrupting the natural rivalries with Chicago and St. Louis. A big plus has to be saving travel time and cost.)

I am thinking the Detroit player is the legendary Probie, tragic hero Bob Probert. The Chicago player, hmmm. Not Grant Mulvey, Keith Magnuson or Al Secord. These are Chicago enforcers I can think of off top of head who were in NHL earlier.

My best guess is Behn Wilson, defenseman, who came to Chicago from Philadelphia. And we know about the Flyers and fighting. (Don't get me wrong. Fighting an integral part of NHL that I never want to see banned.)

Hey, am not too old to learn.

So LMK who I am looking at beating the tar out of each other and what Red Wings fans think about life in the Eastern Conference.

JC out

On another front, wrapping it up in a restaurant. Late dinner.

Think I am temporarily trapped in the 1970s. Two of the last three songs played on the intercom, Disco Inferno by the Trammps and He's the Greatest Dancer by Sister Sledge!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morganwigge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hu Dem and life for Red Wings in Eastern Conference   Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:03 am

The forum photo is actually flopped (so I could stick "FHL 15-16" off to the right).

Original photo:

The Red Wing throwing the punch is indeed Bob Probert. The recipient is Stu Grimson. The fight didn't last very long, though Grimson held his own (though you wouldn't have guessed by the photo).

Video:

Ironically they would fight again in the future, with Probert a member of the Blackhawks and Grimson a member of the Red Wings.

With regard to the Wings moving to the Eastern Conference, I didn't care one way or the other. The Red Wings are good but they haven't been great in a while, and that's when you really develop some good story lines. Not much happening now. Translated: I miss the Colorado/Wings rivalry from back in the day.  Sad Now that was fun. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fhl-since-1993.forumotion.net
Let's Go Pens!!!

PostSubject: Grim Reaper   Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Wow! Stu Grimson, the Grim Reaper. Two heavyweights for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hu Dem and life for Red Wings in Eastern Conference   

Back to top Go down

Hu Dem and life for Red Wings in Eastern Conference
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1